RoboHelp "stay or switch" update

Subject: RoboHelp "stay or switch" update
From: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:08:31 -0400

I've received some excellent feedback so far on my query about
whether to upgrade RoboHelp or switch to ForeHelp and/or
DocToHelp for less money. The summary of the responses so far:

- Everyone seems to agree that BlueSky is doing its best to price
RoboHelp out of the market. Nonetheless, version 7.X is a solid
product, and worth the price of admission if you've got enough
experience with the product to make you leery of switching.

- ForeHelp has a core of devoted followers who appreciate the
excellent support, ease of use, and low cost of admission. In
addition to a free downloadable demo, you can order a full-featured
evaluation copy that must be returned after 30 days.

- The DocToHelp techwhirlers have maintained a resolute silence,
either because they've stumbled onto the holy grail of help
development and don't want to share, or because they've given up
on the product and moved on to other software and don't want to
admit their shameful past. <g>

Thanks to all who have provided feedback thus far. I'm still chewing
over the evidence, and any additional input would be appreciated,
particularly from those who have made the switch from RoboHelp to
DocToHelp.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."--Qui-Gon Jinn

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=