Creating Headers and Footers in Word97

Subject: Creating Headers and Footers in Word97
From: Jean Koulack-Young <jkyoung -at- BBN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:44:09 -0400

I am trying to set headers and footers for a document. I am using Word97 on
a PC. I don't have an official MS Word manual available for reference and I
can't find information about my questions from the commercial manual I
bought or in Word's online Help. I've spent a lot of time on this and I'm
stumped. Can anyone help me?

The document I am trying to set headers and footers for contains 5
chapters, separated as sections. It has landscape-oriented pages
intersperced among portrait pages. My questions are:

* Can I create a footer style that automatically inserts all text for the
footer (and do the same for the header)? That is, I would like to create a
style that adds a three-line footer that contains the book name on the
left, the company name in the middle, and the chapter and page on the
right. On the second line, in the middle, would be "Proprietary and
Confidential" and on the third line in the middle would be a date. If this
can be done, how do I do it?

* When I click View--Header and Footer, a rectangle delineated by dashes
appears for the header, and a rectangle delineated by short, vertical
slashes appears for the footer. Should this difference exist?

*Can I create different width headers and footers for my portrait and
landscape pages? If so, how do I do it?

Jean Koulack-Young

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=