Re: PaintShop Pro5 vs. Photoshop???

Subject: Re: PaintShop Pro5 vs. Photoshop???
From: Arlen P Walker <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:47:00 -0500

The difference between the two is probably best expressed by comparing them to
table saws, in which PSP would be something like the benchtop Black&Decker
while Photoshop would be something like the Unisaw.

Both tools will cut wood, and most users won't run into situations where the
differences become very apparent. But for those users who do (high-end
designers setting publication-quality type and art, in this case) the
differences are significant. Most tech writing doesn't enter into the arenas
where Photoshop excels, so I can see why the question arises.

Personally, I haven't tried PSP in years, so I can't comment on the current
state. But Photoshop was far superior to it then.

And who *paid* for a new copy of Photoshop? It came with the high-end scanning
(even got *2* licenses for it floating around here) equipment and all I've had
to do was upgrade. (Now that ImageReady will ship bundled with the next
release, there's no way I'm switching. I'd been balancing between IR and
Fireworks for quite some time for my next New Toy.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=