Fwd:spacing problem - solved!

Subject: Fwd:spacing problem - solved!
From: Janet Ruiz <JanetRuiz -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:28:28 EDT

In a message dated 99-06-22 11:46:44 EDT, janet -dot- ruiz -at- sota -dot- com writes:

<< Our spacing problem while using the Lintronic printer driver to print to a
file and then to an HP5si has been solved thanks to Johnna Webb (refer to her
e-mail below). We were experiencing unwanted spaces in between letters in
words. Our vendor suggested using the 3386 dpi setting. Well, this setting is
too high for the HP5si to handle. Bringing the setting down to 846 dpi solved
the problem and our printed docs look just fine.

Thanks also to everyone else for their responses.

From: "Ruiz,Janet" <janet -dot- ruiz -at- sota -dot- com <mailto:janet -dot- ruiz -at- sota -dot- com> >
To: "'johnna -at- licp -dot- com'" <johnna -at- licp -dot- com <mailto:johnna -at- licp -dot- com> >,
"'jean -at- licp -dot- com'"
<jean -at- licp -dot- com <mailto:jean -at- licp -dot- com> >
Subject: spacing problem
Date sent: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:17:44 -0700

> When using the Linotronic printer driver to print a FrameMaker
document to
> file (and then to an HP5si), we are getting spaces in between
letters in
> words.
>
> We use:
> Windows 95 Operating System
> FrameMaker 5.5.6
> Linotronic printer driver
>
> Do you have any idea what might be causing this? Our vendor
prefers that we
> use the Linotronic printer driver at 3368 dpi, but it is causing a
terrible
> spacing problem.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated,
>
> Janet Ruiz
> Technical Writer
> Sage Software, Inc.
> Janet -dot- Ruiz -at- sota -dot- com <mailto:Janet -dot- Ruiz -at- sota -dot- com>

Johnna Webb
919-361-5822, Ext. 232