Re: viewing a post script file - Distiller tangent

Subject: Re: viewing a post script file - Distiller tangent
From: "Backer, Corinne" <CBacker -at- GLHEC -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:49:26 -0500

I'm putting this back online because several people have responded, and I'm
in the midst of this in my office right now.

I always thought that Distiller was part of the Acrobat group, too, but the
Distiller I have says this:
"This application gives the user access to the Adobe Acrobat Distiller 3.01
icon, which is part of the Adobe PageMaker 6.5 Suite of applications.
The application is associated (given) to the following user groups.... [my
company stuff]"

I next went to www.adobe.com, but I could not find any satisfaction on the
Adobe website. Distiller is not mentioned anywhere in the Acrobat section
(and I looked forever!), so I called Adobe Customer Service and told them I
wanted to buy just Distiller, and they told me I couldn't--that I have to
buy Acrobat in general, which is 250 a pop (which is why I wanted distiller
stand-alone).

So, a couple questions:
1. Is the Adobe guy out of his head? Or have they perhaps changed the
configuration of products?
2. We use FrameMaker for doc creation--can I avoid all this with direct .pdf
functionality in Frame? How?

Thanks
Corine