Graduate Degree Progams/Telecommuting

Subject: Graduate Degree Progams/Telecommuting
From: Tina Cipolla <tcipolla -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:27:17 -0500

Elizabeth,

I do not believe that a graduate degree will help you in your quest to
telecommute. I am
telecommuting right now, and I do not have a graduate degree.
(Anecdotal, I know.)

In order to telecommute, you need to focus your search on
telecommuting. Talk to head-
hunters and tell them, you are only interested in telecommuting. Also
search the web and look for telecommuting opportunities.

One thing you might want to consider, however, is that you need a job
NOW, and you
need to telecommute LATER. So go and take a job now, get some
experience, and keep your eyes open for telecommuting opportunities.
Perhaps when the time comes, your employer will find you to be so
valuable, that they will allow you to telecommute.
If not, you'll have some experience to use on your resume for when you
do go searching
for that telecommuting job.

Lastly, consider contracting instead of regular captive employement. In
my current situation, I'm working from home because they simply do not
have cube space to accomodate the contractors.

Good Luck. Let us know what you decide to do.

Tina Cipolla

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=