Re: XML support in browsers

Subject: Re: XML support in browsers
From: Sergej Rinc <info -at- SINONIM -dot- SI>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:42:31 +0200

> From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- ARRAKIS -dot- ES>
> Another question that pops to mind is do browsers
> support either of these languages?
>
> ... As for XML, I think
> MS_Explorer either does, or plans to. Does NetScape, too?
> (Anybody? Anybody?) I suspect the web site also lists
> browser support.

MS Explorer 5 does support XML but not in a perfect, standard way (but one can get by). Netscape Navigator 5
will support XML 1.0 natively, full standards-compliant as it will actually be based on Gekko browser code
(see
http://developer.netscape.com/software/communicator/ngl/index.html?cp=dev01fu07 or directly
http://www.mozilla.org/newlayout/ or more specifically :-)
http://www.mozilla.org/newlayout/xml/).
For larger list of XML compliant browsers, see
http://www.xmlsoftware.com/browsers/.

Sergej Rinc
Tehnical Director, Doc-To-Help Certified Trainer
Member, International Webmasters Association http://iwanet.org
Sinonim d.o.o., Prekorje 49, 3211 Skofja vas, faks/BBS +386 63 411 448
mailto:info -at- sinonim -dot- si, http://www.sinonim.si/index.html

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=