WordPerfect, tracking changes

Subject: WordPerfect, tracking changes
From: Ann Shaffer <ashaffer -at- CHORUS -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 11:48:36 -0500

I checked the archives back to June 96, but couldn't find anything on this
topic, so here goes:

I usually work in Word, but now I have to edit a book in WordPerfect for
Linux. What's the best way to track my revisions in the file, so that the
author can review my changes. Does WordPerfect have anything comparable to
Word's Revision Marks feature? Is the Add Compare Markings command my best
option? (We'll be sending files fast and furious over e-mail, so I hate to
use the Versions command in case we lose track of the final document for
each chapter.)

If indeed Add Compare Markings is the only option, what do you think of this
approach?

1. I save the file with a new name (eg. "1 first draft with edits").
2. I edit the file and send it to the author.
3. The author uses the Add Compare Markings command to view my changes.
4. The author prints the chapter with changes marked to use as a reference
as he creates his second draft.
5. The author uses Remove Compare Markings to turn off the markings.
6. The author saves the file with a new name (eg. 1 second draft).
7. The author makes more changes, including comments to alert me to major
issues.
8. The author sends the file to me, and I follow steps 3-7 to view his
changes and edit the final draft.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!

Ann Shaffer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=