Formatting Numbers in Word

Subject: Formatting Numbers in Word
From: slm5v <slm5v -at- CC -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 08:53:52 -0600

Afternoon all!

I come before you once again, a victim of the Microsoft Word plague. My
problem today is one where I need to number many different headings, all in an
ascending order, just like a government document (headings, subheadings, and
sub-subheadings ad nauseum). I am using the Format>Bullets and Numbering tool,
but to no avail. So far Word appears to have a mind of its own on how to
number my document. My supervisor and I are convinced that the remedy lies in
the "grayed" numbers in the numbering customization dialog box, but while we
can see the solution, we can't seem to make it work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Graham Fredrickson

"Into each life some rain must fall--what I wouldn't give for an umbrella."
--me.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=