Re: Formatting Numbers in Word

Subject: Re: Formatting Numbers in Word
From: David Hickey <DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:02:18 -0400

Greetings!

>My problem today is one where I need to number many different
> headings, all in an ascending order

Can I assume that you're modifiying the Heading styles to include a
numbering sequence? If so, I think you would do it like this:

1. Select Style from the Format menu.
2. Select the Heading style you wish to change (like Heading 1 for
instance).
3. Click the modify button.
4. Select Numbering from the Format sub-menu.
5. Click the Outline Numbered tab.
6. Select the style that most closely resembles what you want to do. You can
click the Customize button to make any other changes.

Repeat this procedure for each Heading style you'll be using. Add salt to
taste.

Is this what you wanted? Let me know if I'm way off base and I'll try to
give you something a little more constructive.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montréal, Québec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

No trees were harmed in the writing of this email.
My emails are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000