DOCUMENTATION PLANNING

Subject: DOCUMENTATION PLANNING
From: Linda Miller <linda_k_miller -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 05:54:34 PDT

We have a small format for our manuals, and they are wire-bound.
This is the reason we're having difficulty with document updates: Do we
give our end users additional books with updates, or do we completely revise
our manuals each time we create document updates? Since the books are
wire-bound, we can't do replacement pages.<<

My suggestion: don't wire-bound the books. Companies I've worked for have
shrink-wrapped, 3-hole-punched loose leaf pages with accompanying 3-ring
binders. Updates can be easily incorporated.

If there are frequent updates, the manuals really shouldn't be bound in any
way.

Regards,
Linda K. Miller

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=