'nother roboHELP question.

Subject: 'nother roboHELP question.
From: Gil Yaker <gyaker -at- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 12:23:07 -0400

I am so sorry to keep posting roboHELP questions. In fact I think I've
tried to subscribe to the robohelp mailing list a number of times and it
seems their listserver isn't too well maintained.

I promise I'll post the results of this to the list also.

Whenever you use the robohelp-made .hlp executable, a .gid file is created.
I assume this is where all of the user annotations, bookmarks, and
preferences are created. I have found that the .gid file is only saved in
the directory where the .hlp executable is stored.

The configuration of our application is such that our applications and
helpfiles will be stored in one central read-only directory on the network.
But each user probably will have their own preferences for their use of the
help file. My question then is: how do you specify the path for the .gid
file OR do you know if it's possible to have each user create their own
.gid file in the central directory where the .hlp file is located (note:
we're running a novel network and that takes care of file permissions,
etc..)?

TIA!
Gil

Gil Yaker