Re: Web site management

Subject: Re: Web site management
From: Kate O'Neill <kateo -at- CINEBASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:34:44 -0700

Hi Robin.

In my experience (in smaller companies), web site management belongs to
the person or group that knows the most about it. At my current employer,
I'm about to assume management responsibility for the corporate web site.
This development parallels one at my previous employer; I was hired into
tech pubs, but demonstrated skill and an interest in web management, so
it was moved into my domain.

In both companies, the tech pubs group was under Engineering and the web
under Marketing, and it stayed that way even after management was handed
over to me. The rationale there is that the web is very much a marketing
tool.
I definitely agree. Managing groups under two umbrellas is a unique
challenge,
but I very much enjoy it.

Feel free to email me offlist for more details.

--
Kate O'Neill: Manager of Documentation
Cinebase Software

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=