Re: logo fatigue

Subject: Re: logo fatigue
From: Dick Margulis <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:12:48 -0400

Henry,

As with most things, it depends. If the client is a startup or a small
company without much market awareness, the company may need to build
identity at the expense of user-friendliness. In other words, this may
be a matter of marketing tactics rather than ego. I'd suggest inquiring
politely as to the rationale and then discussing the resulting
tradeoffs. You may in the end find yourself agreeing with the client.

Dick

Henry Vandelinde wrote:

> I'm preparing an installation manual and the client is somewhat taken with
> the company logo. In other words, he wants it everywhere.
>
> I prefer to limit its use. The logo is tasteful and unobtrusive, but I'd
> rather to restrict it to the cover page.
>
> Is there anything out there dealing with logo fatigue in the reader that I
> can use as an argument.
>
> TIA,
>
> Henry

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=