Learning Frame without going broke?

Subject: Learning Frame without going broke?
From: Paul Schreier <PGSPersEng -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:48:20 EDT

I'm having to shift gears as a contractor from using PageMaker (more than 10
years of experience, dating back to version 1.1) to going over to FrameMaker.
I'd like to learn that package, but buying a personal copy at $800 seems sort
of unreasonable.

Does anybody have some ideas on a less-expensive way to learn the package and
get some experience so I have more to offer a prospective client? Would it
make sense, for example, to try to find an older version (say, Frame 5.5)
from somebody who has upgraded and now has the older version sitting on the
shelf collecting dust?

Anybody on the list want to make a few bucks selling it to me so I can learn
Frame without going broke?

Thanks,
Paul
aa1mi -at- ARRL -dot- net