Re: advice for starting grad school?

Subject: Re: advice for starting grad school?
From: "Backer, Corinne" <CBacker -at- GLHEC -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:30:14 -0500

On this note, the grad TW program I'm thinking of applying to has a
requirement that one of the rec letters has to be from an undergraduate
professor. Background: I've been out of undergraduate school for roughly
forever, and didn't major in tech writing anyway.

How would you handle this?

Thanks
Corinne

\\Long story short: When I applied to grad school, I had people of
various
> educational/occupational backgrounds write letters of recommendation for
> me
> under the guise that if I could impress these people, I was worth my
> weight
> in overpriced textbooks at Grad School U.\\

\\Having bosses/deans/company presidents draft a letter of
recommendation for
> you is a good thing, even if the letter writer isn't King of the Mountain
> in
> his or her field. Any support or fanfare is better than none.\\

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=