Re: What constitutes a senior tech writer and how to get there?

Subject: Re: What constitutes a senior tech writer and how to get there?
From: JonesW <JonesW -at- AURORABIO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:36:58 -0700

Title: RE: What constitutes a senior tech writer and how to get there?

I believe it what's considered a "senior tech writer" depends on the size of the company and tech writing staff. If you're the only tech writer for the company, then you're pretty much a senior tech writer. If you're 1 of only 2 or 3 writers, you've been there 6 months to a year, and you know what you're doing and are self-sufficient, then your probably qualified as a senior writer.

However, if you work for a large company with 5 or more writers, THEN all of the other comments on this subject become relevant. The criteria to become a senior writer should be more stringent.

Also, I would think anybody who subscribes and avidly reads techwr-l could be considered a senior tech writer.

Walter Jones
jonesw -at- aurorabio -dot- com