Re: How odd...

Subject: Re: How odd...
From: Lynn Perry <CLPerry -at- WALLDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:47:55 -0700

> Melissa Morgan wrote: Do you suppose this [the apparent conflict between
> the admonishment against using periods in step numbers and the numbered
> steps containing a period in the example] is here to let us know that the
> MS writer has a sense of humor? Is it really the standard to NOT include
> the period after the step number?

That is really bizarre. I've _never_ seen numbers in Microsoft procedures
until that example. Then, I went to look. Sure enough. the HTML-based help
used in IE _does_ have periods after the numbers; the Windows-based help
(for Word 97, Outlook, and Notepad) does not.

I cannot comment on the rationale; I have followed the Microsoft style for
so many years that I've forgotten, if I ever knew.

C. Lynn Perry
clperry -at- walldata -dot- com
Wall Data Incorporated /Seattle WA
Some days it doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=