Re: A really basic web animation question

Subject: Re: A really basic web animation question
From: Kate O'Neill <kateo -at- CINEBASE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 19:29:12 -0700

Comments inline below.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sella Rush [SMTP:sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM]

[...] There is a very fine line between
> interesting and annoying animated gifs.
[O'Neill, Kate] Agreed. Unfortunately, I have seen so
few examples of well-executed and useful animated GIFs
that the good ones stand out quite clearly in my mind.

For example, check out:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/cats/sk3.html

I was at a web design conference in '97 or so when the
designers of this project for National Geographic gave a
presentation about animation on the web. I went there
skeptical, but was gradually convinced that, like anything
else in our field, it can be distracting if done wrong but it
can provide clarity like nothing else can if it's done right.

--
Kate O'Neill: Manager of Documentation
Cinebase Software

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=