Re: Screen Capture program for Windows 3.1?

Subject: Re: Screen Capture program for Windows 3.1?
From: Rd Phillip <rdphillip -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 21:46:39 -0500

Suzy Davis <andavis -at- AU1 -dot- IBM -dot- COM> wrote:

>Also, Dan suggested that I use the Alt-Print-Screen - unfortunately that's
>what we might have to use - our current screen cuts were captured that way
>and they don't retain their quality when being resized.

Some programs do a very poor job of resizing bitmaps. That's not the fault
of the Windows clipboard. You might try pasting the clipboard capture into
Photoshop first. This program usually does a very good job of resizing
bitmaps. It might take some trial and error to arrive at the exact size you
need for each capture, but this technique is likely to produce the best
possible results.

Remember, screen capture is typically no better then 72 - 75 dpi.
Attempting to print these images at 300 dpi or greater resolution is almost
always disappointing.

Regards,
RD

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=