Re: $5 fees

Subject: Re: $5 fees
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- COMMSOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:55:47 -0400

I suppose a small fee isn't out of the question. Sure, I'd be willing to pay
a small amount every year.

My point about free lists is that you might lose a lot of valuable people
who don't want to bother paying for what they can get free elsewhere. You
may need to add a new twist to membership that gives them 'their money's
worth'. Perhaps that's extreme restriction of non-members to the TECHWR-L
site. Perhaps TECHWR-L actually starts a true job bank for list members and
their companies (can we try to filter out the headhunters or perhaps charge
them more seeing as they are only using the service to attract business?).

I dunno. Just tossing another $0.02 in.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis