Re: TW impaired CW?

Subject: Re: TW impaired CW?
From: Scott Havens <SHavens -at- ELCOTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:09:46 -0400

Good morning, Archie,

Maybe I'm just a little slow today, but I had a hard time figuring out what
your definition of "CW" was. In my world, it means either "Country and
Western" (in which I have no interest whatever, so I don't care if my
aptitude for that is impaired), or "Continuous Wave telegraphy" (i. e.,
Morse code, which I thoroughly enjoy). You'll be happy to know that I can
still do Morse code at 30 to 35 words per minute, so I guess being a tech
writer hasn't hurt me in that department! (BTW, I subscribe to a few ham
radio lists, along with TECHWR-L, so I wasn't even sure which category your
post was in when I first saw the Subject line. ;-)

After rebooting my brain a couple of times, I finally realized you were
talking about "Creative Writing." I have to agree that the regimented
environment we typically work in *does* tend to make it harder to get going
on something more free-form and spontaneous. I find that it all depends on
the mood I'm in at the time. Sometimes the TW side doesn't allow me to be
as creative as I'd like; other times (but not nearly often enough), I'm
ready to just "let it flow."

As for the effects on the brain...I don't know! There may be something to
it, but I think MY brain has long since been short-circuited by things more
powerful than tech writing rules!

Have a nice day (or as my ham friends would say, 73 ES CUL).

SRH (AB2V)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=