The fee thing

Subject: The fee thing
From: Ron Sering <rsering -at- EXCALIB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 07:30:10 -0700

Well, a fee of $15-$20 would make it as costly as many ISP subscriptions. If
it were much more than ten bucks, I'd say sell STC on the idea of supporting
it instead, academic poopadoo and all. But surely some academic organization
(that word again!) with a strong tech comm program, such as Carnegie-Mellon,
or a company with a stake in same such as Adobe, Blue Sky, (shudder)
Microsoft, or even a tech comm consultancy like CommTech (Joann Hackos'
organization) might consider providing server resources in exchange for free
plugs. I work in Denver, and would be happy to make a phone call.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=