Re: Estimating a Project - A real lulu

Subject: Re: Estimating a Project - A real lulu
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:57:24 -0500

Howdy,

I have an old axiom for you--each project has three desired aspects: high
quality,
speedy delivery, and low cost. Choose two.

I would even go farther to say, if you want one of these to be extreme (like
VERY
speedy delivery or VERY low cost) you will sacrifice both of the others.

If it were my client, I would say "I can _probably_ do it but it is gonna
cost
you big time and the quality will be atrocious."

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices

<snipped!>

> By my own personal estimates, this can't be done in 8 days. What do you
> guys think? Have any of you had a similar deadline? What was your
> experience and the result? Were you successful?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=