Re: FileMaker vs. Access ??

Subject: Re: FileMaker vs. Access ??
From: Dan Brinegar <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 18:10:22 -0700

>Can anyone throw in their opinions/facts regarding the differences between
>FileMaker and Access?

There was this computer bookstore I used to go to: hundreds of books on
Access, one or two on FileMaker. The question should properly start a Holy
War, but I fear most IT types don't even realize FileMaker exists... the
difference is:

Night and Day, Dogs Vs. Cats, Word Vs. Ventura, Mac Vs. Wintel, Wordsmiths
Vs. Info-Geeks, MIS Vs. Customer Service, Profit Vs. Loss, Pharisees Vs.
Mad Prophets, $200/hr Consultants Vs. People Crazy Enough to Think they can
Change The World... ad infinitum ;-)

Sure, everybody's got Access.... as well as MSWord, a Chevy, and an...uhhh,
opinion: that doesn't mean it's the right tool for the job; or that it
even works. [additional rants may be found in the archives ;-].

>Also, is there anyplace on the Web to learn more about FileMaker?

Chris Moyer's FileMaker Home Page:

http://www.mindspring.com/~fmpro/

The FileMaker Solutions Alliance:

http://www.filemaker.com

Allison Glass' Powerfiles:

http://www.powerfiles.com/

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid

" To eliminate the covert timing channel, remove untrusted
hosts from routing tables. As tempting as it is, do not use
target species' own satellites against them."

CERT Advisory CA-96.13 - Alien/OS Vulnerability , 1 April, 1996

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com CCDB Vr2Link
http://www.vr2link.com Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=