Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 7 Aug 1999 to 8 Aug 1999 (#1999-113)

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 7 Aug 1999 to 8 Aug 1999 (#1999-113)
From: Bill Wilkes <wrwnc -at- TDS -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:10:46 -0400

Chris Fitzgerald wrote:

>Hi everyone. I'm new to this list and am new to tech. writing. I'm having
>a difficult time in getting started because everyone wants experience, but
>no one wants to give me a chance to GET experience.

snip

>Is there anyone out there who has some insight as to how to get
>my foot in the door and still make a decent wage?

My situation is similar - I have a strong science background (PhD in
physics) and many years of publications and technical writing experience
for clients who have contracted with me for engineering work, but I am NOT
a web page developer or IT expert. I am retired, and looking mostly for
short term and/or part time contract work to supplement my income and keep
myself busy. I obviously need to take some courses to improve my "shelf
appeal," but other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=