look of html in javahelp 1.0

Subject: look of html in javahelp 1.0
From: Jeff Fitzgerald <fitzgera -at- UNIVERSAL -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:12:24 -0400

hey folks:

i downloaded the javahelp 1.0 a week ago to do some experimenting.
yesterday, i finally got my test driver class to open the help viewer, but
the html looked horrible. it seemed to ignore every html tag i had in the
document. the numbered lists were all wrong(numbers appeared in the middle
of the page); bold and heading tags were ignored. even when i modified one
of the example html files that came with the help, it still looked awful in
my viewer.
i wasn't sure if the problem was with my elementary html skills or
with
the java test class i wrote. this morning i tested my help set in the
hsviewer, and everything appeared fine. i think the problem might be with
the java code i wrote, but i don't appear to be doing anything different
than the source code in the examples.
any ideas?

Jeff Fitzgerald, B.A., M.A.
Tech Writer, Universal Systems Ltd.
E-mail: fitzgera -at- universal -dot- ca

"I does good words."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=