Paying for the listserv

Subject: Paying for the listserv
From: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- TELEBOT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:49:55 -0500

Gang:

While I don't mind paying for the list, I do foresee one potential
problem...students. While I was in grad school, one of my professors
required that we sign up for Techwr-L. What a great move! I learned more
about the "real world" of tech writing, and really got a feel for the field.

If payment had been required, there's no way I could have had the
experience. I also believe that students (and those who may just be
starting out in the field) would not be willing or able to pay for this
service.

I vote for finding another free server.

Jeff Hanvey
Memphis, TN