Re: Editing PDFs

Subject: Re: Editing PDFs
From: Melissa Morgan <mmorgan -at- INTREPID -dot- CDG-HARGRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:28:01 -0500

David Knopf asks:

>Why wouldn't you edit the source files from which the PDF was generated,
and
>then re-create the PDF? After all, any changes you make to the PDF must
>still be reflected in the source files, no?

Well, we were looking at this as a time-saver,
as some of our manuals take over 2 hours
to distill (for whatever reason). This would
(if it could) allow us to skip the re-distill
process, and just make the changes to the
source file separately. As I'm reviewing this
product, though, I think the re-distill may
be our only option. I'll have to see, though,
once I've messed with it some more.

Melissa Morgan
mmorgan -at- intrepid -dot- cdg-hargray -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=