Re: Editing PDFs

Subject: Re: Editing PDFs
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:36:39 -0700

Beth Friedman asked:

| At 11:40 AM 8/10/99 -0700, David Knopf wrote:
| >Melissa Morgan wrote:
| >
| >| Supposedly you can cut, copy, and
| >| paste freely, but I've yet to figure out
| >| how to do this for more than one line
| >| at a time.
| >
| >Why wouldn't you edit the source files from which the PDF was generated,
| >and
| >then re-create the PDF? After all, any changes you make to the PDF must
| >still be reflected in the source files, no?
|
| Okay, this brings me to a related question. Is there any tool that allows
| you to do something that mimics hand-editing on an electronic file?

Well ... you could give them a PDF and a copy of Acrobat 4, which allows you
to highlight, cross-out and otherwise mark up the PDF.

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

RoboHELP Certified Trainer & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

Hands-on RoboHELP training classes
every month in Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=