Re: Framemaker macros and patches?

Subject: Re: Framemaker macros and patches?
From: "Mark X. Dempsey" <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:03:09 -0700

Frame macros are only available in the UNIX version (File | Utilities |
Keyboard Macros). There's an add-on for Windows (try
http://www.frameusers.com), but I've never used it.

You can also use a *.cfg file to assign keystrokes to just about any
keyboard. There's a description and example on the microtype site
(http://www.microtype.com)

Good luck!

DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I've search in the archives and on the Internet in general, but I came up
> with squat.
>
> How do you create macros in Framemaker? It seems that no one can tell me
> this. If you can create macros in Frame, are there any patches that exist
> for Framemaker that would allow you to create macros and then assing them
> buttons or keystrokes (just like my beloved Word used to do)?
>
> I've looked in the online help for Frame about macros. It assures me that
it
> is possible to create macros, but it fails to mention exactly *how* to do
it
> (it looks like this was written by a car salesman (all pudding and no
> proof)). Oh sure, the online help says to look it up in the Customizing
> Framemaker online manual, but there is no reference to macros or triggers
> anywhere. ARGH!! I've even checked out Classroom in a Book about
Framemaker,