Subject: Summary: Non-Acrobat PDF viewers
From: Barbara Stuhlemmer <barbara -at- GROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:07:53 -0400

Thanks to everyone who took the time to point me in the right direction.
Here
are some of the suggestions I received for other PDF viewers.
Note - For the SCO graphics/viewer, it navigates using the Ghostscipt
interpreter.

Bruce H. Johnson:
"Might check out http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ for Ghostscript,
Ghostview, etc."

Lars Hoej
"QuickView (www.jasc.com) reads pdf files, but Acrobat needs to be installed
on the system (I think...)."

Michael J. Patrick
Filament http://www.filament.com
"We have a viewer under Beta test that runs on
WinCE and PalmOS. We do not intend to compete
with Acrobat on 95/98/NT and Unix, but we have a
version that works on those OS's also. We are also
porting to several other handheld OS's. What
exactly were you looking for? Since our code is
completely proprietary we can fully customize the
software."

Bob Gembey
"At the SCO "skunkware" site, you can download a PDF reader for SCO; for
other platforms, you can just search the web via your favorite search engine
for "xpdf" -- it is open source, and the binary for many platforms, as
well as the source, is available at a number of site."

www.sco.com/skunkware and click on "Graphics/viewer" and select "gv"

Arlen.P.Walker
"One that I'm aware of is XPDF. It's a Unix-based PDF reader; I think it's
even
open source so a techie over at your place may be able to set it up for
everyone there."

Barb

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=