Re: Marketing block

Subject: Re: Marketing block
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:26:53 -0400

Hallo:

Perhaps there is a reason you were in the body shop in the first place . . .
you know, the big, black and yellow striped "Danger Cliff Ahead" sign <vbg>.

Seriously, where was the sign in relation to the door and what distractions
surrounded the sign. For example, a great Renoir might be pretty much
invisible in the Louvre but would stand out greatly on the wall at the local
YMCA. Similarly, you might miss the tiger in the jungle, but not on Main
Street. Was the sign camouflaged by similarly slick posters, signs, and
other background noise?

As far as web pages go, I ignore the garbage, too. If I get distracted
enough to notice the garbage, I get annoyed and leave the page, never to go
back. On the web, I want to get in quickly, find what I want easily and
efficiently, and be gone with my information and plunder in a matter of a
minute or two. I have no patience for anything else. I have stopped by a few
artsy sites over the years and enjoyed them, but I went there for the
purpose of seeing web-art.

I don't think you are failing to do anything. I think those responsible for
the marketing/advertising are failing in their attempt to reach you. Now, if
you find your car and potentially your well-being are suffering, I'd
recommend you slow down, look twice, and consider being more attentive
<vbg>.

<blink>Take care.</blink>

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com </tongue-in-cheek>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=