Can you create table styles in Word?

Subject: Can you create table styles in Word?
From: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:03:12 -0400

Ellen Lidington wondered <<Can any of you MSWord
experts tell me if you can create table "styles" like paragraph
styles. I am trying to create a corporate standard template
and I would like to include a standard table that comes up
when you select Insert Table.>>

Off the top of my head, there are several ways to do it, any
one of which might be suitable:
1. Create your template document (Ellen.dot!) with the table
already sitting in the file: no muss, no fuss, no trip to the
menu. Anyone who doesn't want to use the table can simply
delete it.
2. Record a macro (stored in the template) that runs through
the process of inserting a table with the correct number of
rows and columns, and the correct text style applied to the
table elements.
3. Create the table as a separate Word file (table.doc), and
instead of inserting the table, insert that document. (Under the
Insert menu, choose "File".)

Solutions 1 and 3 provide the easiest maintenance.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Perhaps there is something deep and profound behind all those sevens,
something just calling out for us to discover it. But I
suspect that it is only a pernicious, Pythagorean coincidence." George
Miller, "The Magical Number Seven" (1956)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=