Re: can you create table "styles" in MSword

Subject: Re: can you create table "styles" in MSword
From: Nancy Smith <smithcds -at- ICI -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:19:49 -0400

How can I learn to write macros in Word? You all
seem to be able to do so many things so easily, as
in "Just write a macro" but I don't know where/how
to learn!

Nancy

Communication issues
DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM
> Sent: Thursday, August 19, 1999 5:37 PM
> To: TECHWR-L -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu
> Subject: Re: can you create table "styles" in
MSword

> Greetings!

[mailto:elidington -at- NETSCAPE -dot- NET]
> >> Can any of you MSWord experts tell me if you
can create table
> >> "styles" like paragraph styles. I am trying to
create a corporate
> standard
> > Try creating your table and making it an
AutoText entry. Then
> > all you have to do is train your users to insert
autotext
> > instead of insert table to add the standard
table.

> That works, but it can be tricky..
>
> Why not create a macro that creates the table and
formats
> everything for
> you? Then you can create a toolbar that contains a
button
> with the macro on
> it and attach this toolbar to your template? Then
you're
> users only need to
> place the cursor and click the button and >poof<
instant table!

> If you need help setting this macro and
button/toolbar thing
> up, get back to
> me.
> --
> Be seeing you,
>
> Dave
> John David Hickey
> Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?
>
> dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
> wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
> pg: 514-205-9209
>
> They say that the pen is mightier than the sword.
> But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the
sword.

posting.
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/archives.htm
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/chat/
> Send all list-related questions or problems to

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=