Re: SHED 3.5 and UNIX

Subject: Re: SHED 3.5 and UNIX
From: "Hyde, Barb # IHTUL" <Barb -dot- Hyde -at- TULSA -dot- CISTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:47:48 -0500

Melanie,
I can't say for sure, but it sounds like a palette problem you can solve.
Try saving the bitmap as a 16-color bitmap. When you are working in 95, the
paint programs default to 24-bit or 256 color formats. The Paintbrush that
ships with Windows 95 offers the option to save as 16-color. The high color
formats do cause really ugly palette shifts when the graphic is put on a
system that does only 16-color (or less!). A clue is that the SHGs are as
large or almost as large as the bitmaps. SHGs based on 16-color bitmaps are
much smaller than their bitmaps.

Barbara Hyde
barb -dot- hyde -at- ndcorp -dot- com

> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:39:43 +1000
> From: Melanie_Albrecht -at- MOLDFLOW -dot- COM
> Subject: SHED 3.5 and UNIX
>
> Hi guys
>
> I'm at my wit's end here.
>
> I have just learned how to use Edit -> Replace in SHED 3.5 to
> change the
> graphic but leave the hotspots intact. It works fine on PC,
> but when I
> build and view the help file on UNIX (using Hyperhelp), the
> colours are all
> wrong - looks like some nasty palette problem. It seems that
> SHED 3.5 does
> this with all of the SHGs it creates/edits. SHED 3.1 doesn't, but it
> doesn't have the Replace function.
>
> Has anyone else eperienced this problem with SHGs on UNIX,
> and has anyone a
> solution or workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> Melanie