Re: Spreading Word

Subject: Re: Spreading Word
From: Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- POLYDOC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:42:09 +0200

Sound like you have the option Allow fast saves enabled. Check this via
Tools -> Options -> Save. Uncheck this option, save and close the document.
As a result, the file size should be reduced to more normal sizes. Word
does not compress the size of a file until printing time, this would
suggest some artificial intelligence, and I've never seen any suggestions
in that direction ...

HTH

Jeroen Hendrix
PolyDoc
the Netherlands

Mail to: jhe -at- polydoc -dot- com
Web: www.polydoc.com

Please respond to Henry Vandelinde <vandelinde -at- WORDTEK -dot- COM>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Jeroen Hendrix)
Subject: Spreading Word

Can anyone tell me why my Word doc, which sat around 400k (including screen
caps and logos), suddenly ballooned to 1.4 meg with the addition of a 50k
graphic. My doc is now too large for distribution and I'm starting to
perspire.

TIA,

Henry
Henry Vandelinde, Ph.D.