Re: Word TOC

Subject: Re: Word TOC
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:38:38 -0700

David Thompson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a TOC reference to the shortcuts F2, F3, F4 etc..
>
> Problem:
> In the TOC i have F288 instead of F2 (space) 88.
> There is no tab seperation. It is the same for all the F references. All
> other TOC references are perfect.
>
> Ideas?

If the first tab stop is defined closer to the left margin than the width of
the characters "F2" then there will appear to be no space between the "F2"
and the "88."

Place the insertion point in the paragraph and check the tab definitions.

You can also put the insertion point at the beginning of the line, then use
the right arrow key to "move through" the letters. If you have to press the
right arrow key FIVE times to get across FOUR characters, it's probably
because the tab is in there (just not visible).

Good luck!

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3.1, still the easiest way to create and maintain
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=