Reviews needed on PDFing doc using Word '97 and Acrobat 4

Subject: Reviews needed on PDFing doc using Word '97 and Acrobat 4
From: Joe Lowell <jlowell -at- SYNPLICITY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:09:26 -0700

For some, most, or maybe all of you, creating PDFs using Word '97 and
Acrobat 4 are a snap. But, for someone new to the PDF world, like me, it
was an arduous task finding and compiling the information on how to create
a no-frills PDF whose graphics come out crisply when printed. I've spent
quite some time talking to Word (big mistake; the "expert" could barely
spell PDF) and Acrobat help desks (awesome job from the gang in Spokane!)
to learn the basics of this issue.

For those of you with time, please take a few minutes to send me your
comments on the attached PDF about creating bare bones' PDFs using Word '97
and Acrobat 4. I will incorporate as many comments as I can. Remember, we
should probably keep this pretty basic. From time to time, I will send this
document to our list for other newbies who are lost. We could even post it
on an appropriate Web site. Your ideas on such a site, as well as your
comments are needed.

I don't know how to create PDFs using Word '95 and earlier versions of
Acrobat. I don't know how to optimize PDFs for print (a very daunting task
for the uninitiated) in Acrobat 3 and earlier versions to create crisp
graphics when printed. If some of you have documented those issues already,
or know of documentation already in place, we could add them to our central
listings.

THANKS!
Joe Lowell
Synplicity, Inc.
Technical writer
610 Caribbean Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089

Direct Dial: (408) 548-6142
Fax: (408) 548-0051

e-mail: jlowell -at- synplicity -dot- com

http://www.synplicity.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=