odd template behavior

Subject: odd template behavior
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- commsoft -dot- net>
To: "'Framers'" <framers -at- frameusers -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'NoBull'" <no-bull-techcomm -at- egroups -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:50:22 -0400

[This message has been cross-posted to Framers, TECHWR-L and
No-Bull-TechComm]

The facts:
Frame 5.5.2
NT4 SP 5

I'm running into a bit of a snag applying new templates to existing books.
I've done this many times, but now it appears that something is
most-definitely wrong.

We apply new templates to copies of our books for PDF delivery. The
templates reformat the pages to 8.5x11 and change fonts and some formatting.
All this works well, but now our color definitions for one character style
are no longer coming through. (We change the color and weight of our
cross-references so they show up as identifiable links in the PDF.)

Anyhow, does anyone have a theory as to why all of a sudden the color isn't
showing? I've converted three books fine, now all others are missing the
color. Very bizarre. I also checked the Modified dates on our templates and
nothing has changed. Can the templates be modified and yet not show a new
date in Explorer?

Please reply directly to <mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>, as I
get the digest on some lists. I'll post a solution when one hits me. Thanks.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Software Corporation
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>