RE: Word Numbering

Subject: RE: Word Numbering
From: Dina Davidson <DinaD -at- Xantrex -dot- com>
To: "'Bonnie Granat'" <bgranat -at- lynx -dot- dac -dot- neu -dot- edu>, "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:41:18 -0700

Question 1: I assume that you are using Word 97. Yes, this is buggy
behaviour and AFAIK you are SOL.
You could use a different style for the first line of any numbered list and
create a macro to automatically reset the numbering to one for lines with
this style... but that is clearly a workaround.

As for question 2, I assume that you have sections in your document. If so,
you must specify the section and the page(s), e.g. s1p2-s1p6

Hope this helps,

Dina Davidson
Technical Publications Coordinator/Technical Communicator
Xantrex Technology Inc.
mailto:dinad -at- xantrex -dot- com