RE: Word Numbering

Subject: RE: Word Numbering
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "Dina Davidson" <DinaD -at- Xantrex -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:59:03 -0700

Dina Davidson wrote:

| Question 1: I assume that you are using Word 97. Yes, this is buggy
| behaviour and AFAIK you are SOL.
| You could use a different style for the first line of any
| numbered list and
| create a macro to automatically reset the numbering to one for lines with
| this style... but that is clearly a workaround.

Fortunately, you are not SOL! I avoid Word's autonumbering "feature"
altogether because it so unreliable. I've written up a workaround using SEQ
fields instead. You'll find it on my Web site at
http://www.knopf.com/tips.htm. Caveat: the tip is written with the RoboHELP
user in mind; however, it works great in plain ol' Word, too.

Regards,

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-550-8367
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

RoboHELP Certified Trainer & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

Hands-on RoboHELP training classes
every month in Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco