Re: Long distance job hunting

Subject: Re: Long distance job hunting
From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- arrakis -dot- es>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 21:55:09 +0200

Chaim Chatan said:

[snip...]
The bottom line
is--should I wait to get back to the States to
begin my job hunt in earnest?

It depends on whether you earnestly want a job now or
later. If you see a job out there that you can and want to
do, why would you not apply for it? If you think such a job
might exist, why would you not look for it? From personal
experience I can say:

* As a long-distance telecommuter, I have to look for
work all the time. Not only am I in a different
country, but I intend to *stay* in a different
country. I can tell you there are companies out there
willing to do business.
* When I worked for a major corporation, we needed to
hire a tech writer who could write code and SGML. We
seriously considered resumes from Austrailia and
Canada, as well as applications from all over the
States.

I would say, start looking.