OT? Win98-2nd ed Prob w/ Type1 fonts

Subject: OT? Win98-2nd ed Prob w/ Type1 fonts
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 13:05:25 -0700

Hi all

Hope none of you have come across this problem. I upgraded this weekend
to Win98-2nd edition. The only problem still hanging around is that I can
not get system to recognize type1 fonts. True type seems OK.

For font managing I am using a combination of ATM4 Deluxe & Fontminder3.

My current hypothesis is that 98-2 is somehow not compatible with these
font managers.

I have jobs waiting to go to press, and can't get them there without font
management system or at least being able to use Type 1 fonts.

Feel free to direct me to a specific place on either Microsoft or Adobe's
web pages. I have spent quite literally hours trying to find out if they
even know there is a problem.

TIA

Happiness, joy & laughter to yu all - and I sincerely hope that whatever
my computer has caught is not contagious.

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Excellence by Design
since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs. & portraits from
photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business Forms, Manuscripts,
etc. - Amway Dealer - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
Rendering Samples: http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman