FW: OT? NT4 op sys - Any Probs

Subject: FW: OT? NT4 op sys - Any Probs
From: "Lars Hoj" <lars -at- lhi -dot- dk>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 20:09:02 +0200

Jacque,
I've been running WinNT 4.0 at home for 3 years at home and have
far, far fewer
problems with Word and Frame on the days when I work at home than
on the days
when I work at the office on Win 95.
As others have observed, it allows you to truly multi-task, which
comes in handy
when you want to leave Word open and also use a graphics package
or VISIO, etc.
My cautions: 64 Mg of RAM makes a huge difference in the amount of
time it takes
my computer to boot from the 32 I have now (I'll be upgrading
SOON), and you
truly do need a good, basic book on hand on NT administration.
Good luck!
Kimber Hebert
Affiliated Computer Services
Dallas, Texas