Re: OT Dreamweaver

Subject: Re: OT Dreamweaver
From: "Mariko Nakanishi" <Mariko_Nakanishi -at- learningtree -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:47:43 -0700

Hi Andrew,

Yes, there is. I use Dreamweaver 2 to loalize HTML files into Japanese.
(BTW, English version of Dreamweaver 2 can handle Japanese if installed
on a Japanese system.)

Dreamweaver 2 has several different ways of globally find/replace-ing
strings in your pages: HTML Source, Text, Text (Advanced), and Tag.
Also you can choose the target: Current Document, Selected Files, Current
Site, and Folder.

If you want to change the e-mail address after "mailto:"; to something else
globally, it's better to use "Text" option. It's much faster than using
"HTML Source" option.

If, however, you have mailto: with the same e-mail address that you don't
want to change, you can specify the one that you do want to change by
including the surrounding HTML code that is unique to it and use "HTML
Source" option.

Mariko Nakanishi
marina -at- learningtree -dot- com
Learning Tree International

From: Andrew Nichols <nicho1ab -at- jmu -dot- edu> on 09/09/99 16:11

Please respond to Andrew Nichols <nicho1ab -at- jmu -dot- edu>

To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
cc: (bcc: Mariko Nakanishi/LearningTree/US)
Subject: OT Dreamweaver

I have a "mailto:"; link at the bottom of every page of a
particular site. I want to make a change to the email
address (i.e. the part after "mailto:"; not the actual
text). Is there a way to make a universal/global change of
this type in Dreamweaver 2?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew