Re: Daisy chain versus daisy chaining

Subject: Re: Daisy chain versus daisy chaining
From: "Margaret A. Smith" <msmith -at- aros -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:35:20 -0600

Correct usage falls into the "write for your audience" category. If you're
addressing a general user group, in which you are trying to describe
hardware connections to the full gamut of users, you'd want to stick with
standard verbs to describe the action---and perhaps placate other readers
with the techie term in parentheses.

If you're writing an installation guide for IT-type users, "daisychain," as
a verb, is probably the quickest route to their comprehension. ("Connecting
the hardware in a series???? Oh, you mean daisychaining.")

Peg Smith
Abet Information Design