RE: An inquiry for academics

Subject: RE: An inquiry for academics
From: "Denise Fritch" <dfritch -at- intellicorp -dot- com>
To: "Anonymous Poster" <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:09:04 -0700

> I am flexible
> as to location, etc. I am willing to work on a Ph.D. as a condition of
> employment. Would those doing the hiring look favorably upon someone who
> has worked as a technical writer returning to teaching?

I would recommend looking at specific two and four year colleges that offer
tech writing programs, then applying for a teaching position. The Univ. of
San Francisco has advertised several positions (full-time and evening) this
year. I even looked into the evening teaching position, yet received back an
email that since I had no formal teaching experience I would not be
considered. If you wanted to split your time, De Anza College (a two year
college in Silicon Valley) is also advertising for teachers of its tech
writing classes.

Best,

Denise L. Fritch
Sr. Tech Writer