HTML vs PDF for online manuals - summary

Subject: HTML vs PDF for online manuals - summary
From: Melissa Kucbel-Saumier <melissaks -at- eicon -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:52:56 -0400

Well folks, this summary is going to be rather short. My question
sparked a little debate between HTML and PDF aficionados, but
little references to studies or articles on the format preferred
by users.

Thank you David, who recommended the following book. I includes
references to various researches and studies. However, the
data is a bit old (1996).

Dynamics in Document Design: Creating Texts for Readers. Karen A. Schriver

Regards.
Mélissa Kucbel-Saumier
Technical Publications - Eicon Technology
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
melissaks -at- eicon -dot- com