RE: what to do when there are two paths for a procedure

Subject: RE: what to do when there are two paths for a procedure
From: "Nancy Smith" <smithcds -at- ici -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'Amy Lattof'" <amyl -at- learnlinc -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:45:17 -0400

I had a situation where I had to do it two ways --
show a path for a mainframe user and a button for a
Windows user. I did something to make the menu path
distinctive, like using Arial 8 pt bold and graphic
arrows and but it in the left margin. Then I used
the button in the step. If you design a format that
is distinctive and that will always be the same
whenever you have that situation, I think you'll be
satisfied with the results and your manager will be
pleased.

Nancy Smith

From:
bounce-techwr-l-10572 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com[SMTP:bounce-
Lattof[SMTP:amyl -at- learnlinc -dot- com]